Pregnancies carry risks of their own but good prenatal care and adequate support can help minimize the risks. Several factors can be the cause of complications during pregnancy. Age, weight, and overall health are some of them.
A pregnancy is considered high-risk when there are potential complications that could harm the mother, the baby, or both. These pregnancies require management and help from a specialist. The well-known High-Risk Pregnancy Expert in Siliguri provide treatment for such pregnancies and ensures the safety of the child and the mother.
Table of content:
1. Reproductive abnormalities
2. Factors contributing to high-risk pregnancy
3. Prevention & Treatment
There are cases where the pregnancy risk is increased due to structural problems of the uterus or cervix which can lead to problems like miscarriage, abnormally positioned fetus, and difficult labor. These issues also lead to the chance of having a cesarean delivery.
Factors contributing to high-risk pregnancy
There are several factors that can cause severe issues during pregnancy. Some of them are:
- Maternal age
One of the most common factors contributing to high-risk pregnancies is the age of the mother. Women who are below age 20 and above 35 are at greater risk. The possibility of miscarriage and genetic disorders increases after age 40.
- Pre-existing medical condition
If the mother has any of the conditions mentioned below before pregnancy it can affect the mother and baby. These include:
- High blood pressure
- Lung, kidney, or heart diseases
- Autoimmune disease
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
If you have any of these issues it is best to consult a high-risk pregnancy expert in Siliguri who can diagnose you and provide the best solution to protect you and your baby.
- Medical conditions occurring during pregnancy
You may be healthy but during pregnancy develop or be diagnosed with certain pregnancy-related conditions which may be harmful to you and your baby. Some of the common pregnancy-related issues include:
- Premature laboris the labor that begins before 37 weeks of pregnancy.
- Multiple birthswhich means you are giving birth to twins or multiples.
- Placenta previais a condition in which the placenta covers the cervix causing bleeding and other problems.
- Fetal problemswhich can be recognized with an ultrasound.
Prevention & Treatment
High-risk pregnancy experts in Siliguri suggest preconception appointments and going through the patient's medical history before their pregnancies. They can also recommend measures that you can take to stay healthy and reduce the pregnancy risks. It is important to get the proper nourishment and care to be fit. Some of the measures are:
- Getting an ample amount of folic acid before and during the pregnancy
- Eating healthy and maintaining your weight
- Indulging in some sort of physical activity unless denied by the doctor
- Avoiding smoking, drinking, and drugs
- Consulting your doctor regularly and getting your tests done