This is very hurtful to the woman who suffers from miscarriages. Dealing with miscarriages is not associated with infertility. Medical data say around 87% of women who go through miscarriages have later normal pregnancies and births. Looking for the best obstetrician in Siliguri, contact Ramkrishna Seva Sadan. A gynecologist will guide you with proper suggestions tests and medicines. Step out of worries and visit the top obstetrician in Siliguri.
Table of Contents:
- What is miscarriage
- What are the causes of miscarriage?
- Can miscarriages and birth defects be treated?
What is miscarriage
Miscarriage in medical terms refers to spontaneous abortion and loss of pregnancy. About 10 to 20 % of pregnancies suffer a miscarriage. Miscarriage occurs when a fetus or embryo dies before the 20th week of pregnancy. Even though it is found common amongst women, still emotionally challenging for us to cope with. The feeling of distress or pain occupies our hearts after losing a pregnancy.
What are the causes of miscarriage?
If you’re pregnant, the words pregnancy loss and miscarriage may come to your mind. Sometimes a doctor can’t pinpoint the exact reason behind this. Normal or daily activities such as exercise, working, taking prescribed medicines are not responsible for a loss of pregnancy.
Some of the reasons may cause a loss of pregnancy, including:
- It happens when a fertilized egg has an unusual number of chromosomes. You neither can prevent it nor can make it happen.
- Certain health complications like diabetes increase the chance of pregnancy loss. Consult your obstetrician before conceiving.
- Severe injuries like accidents or falling can cause miscarriage.
- Late marriage can be a reason but not necessarily is a serious issue. Many a woman is conceiving at an older age than the conventional phase, completely experiencing a healthy pregnancy.
- If you had experienced more than 2 miscarriages consecutively, your chances can be higher to have a miscarriage.
Can miscarriages and birth defects be treated?
Most of the causes of miscarriage cannot be prevented but no need to turn hopeless. If you’re planning to have a baby, you must visit an obstetrician, as he/she is a doctor who is specialized in women's surgical care and treatment for a healthy pregnancy. An obstetrician will guide you on how you can improve your chance to have a healthy, happy pregnancy. Your doctor will guide you to take folic acids as they reduce the risk factor of miscarriage and birth defects and advise you take to quit smoking, alcohol consumption, drug use as they are life-threatening to everyone. ad Most birth defects occur in the first three months of pregnancy. Birth defects can be caused by several reasons such as heart defects, genetics, Down syndrome, spina bifida, chromosomal problems, lack of proper nutrition, etc. Some birth defects are concerning in which a baby may survive only for a few months. Birth defects are known as congenital abnormalities. Kids with birth defects need special treatment and care. Conditions may vary from kid to kid. Possible treatments include medication, surgery, assistive devices, speech therapy, and physical therapy.
Consult the best obstetrician in Siliguri, contact Ramkrishna Seva Sadan, Nazrul Sarani.
To know more about.