An obstetrician also known as the child birth specialist focuses on obstetrics, which deals with all aspects of pregnancy, from prenatal care to post-natal care. An obstetrician delivers babies, whereas a gynecologist doesn't. The best obstetrician in Siliguri also provides therapies to assist you to get pregnant, like fertility treatments. If you deliver a preterm baby, an obstetrician also can provide guidance within the Neonatal medical care Unit (NICU). An obstetrician will make sure you have a healthy pregnancy which you deliver a healthy baby.
The conditions that are diagnosed by an obstetrician
- Ectopic pregnancy, during which the foetus grows outside of the uterus
- Signs of foetal distress, during which the foetus isn't doing well for various reasons
- Placenta issues
- Delivery through caesarean delivery
- Help you after you've got delivered your baby and are handling issues like postpartum depression.
Roles of an obstetrician
Certain common gynaecological issues form an integral part of gynaecological practice and woman health care.
- Observe your health and your developing babies' well-being, including performing routine ultrasounds, analyses, and tests
- Check for health conditions that would cause problems during your pregnancy or affect your babies' health, like high vital sign, diabetes, infections, and genetic disorders
- Advise you about diet, exercise, medications, and staying healthy
- Help you deal with nausea, back and leg pain, heartburn, and other common pregnancy complaints
- Answer your questions on pregnancy and your growing baby
- Explain what is going to happen during labour and delivery
When does one need special attention from an obstetrician
Family doctors and midwives also can coordinate your pregnancy care, but there are certain situations where it's going to be important to seek care from the bestobstetrician in Siliguri
- If you're over 35 years old or have a high-risk pregnancy
- Some women with high-risk pregnancies enjoy seeing a maternal-foetal medicine specialist, who is an obstetrician with advanced training in complicated pregnancies.
- If a family medicine doctor or midwife is providing your pregnancy care, and you develop complications, they're going to probably consult or refer you to an obstetrician.
Finding the best obstetrician in Siliguri
At New Ramkrishna Seva Sadan, we've the simplest team of an obstetrician in Siliguri who provide the simplest quality diagnostic, therapeutic, surgical and counselling facilities for ladies. Well-equipped with sophisticated delivery rooms and gynaecology conversant operation theatres with advanced and modern equipment to cater to all or any sorts of birthing procedures.
Dr. Vinayak Das
MS (OBS & GYN)
SPECIALIST IN FETAL MEDICINE & HIGH RISK PREGNANCY
Make an Appointment