Cervical cancer is a disease that develops in the cervix which is the organ that connects the uterus and vagina. It is the type of cancer that starts on the surface of the cervix and occurs when the cells begin to change into precancerous cells. Over time these cells can turn into cancer cells and grow and spread into the surrounding areas.
If you have any symptoms or are suffering from cervical cancer then it is important to visit the best gynecologist in Siliguri, as it develops over time. A gynecologist provides the best diagnosis and quality treatments against numerous gynecological disorders and diseases and helps maintain a healthy body.
Commonly early cervical cancer does not show any signs or symptoms. Signs of cervical cancer typically appear with early-stage cervical cancer and the symptoms become more severe as cancer advances. Given below are some of the common signs and symptoms of cervical cancer:
- Bleeding after menopause
- Unusual vaginal bleeding
- Pain in the pelvic region
- Pain during intercourse
- Bleeding and spotting between periods
- Unexplained and persistent pelvis or back pain
- Swelling of legs
- Blood in the urine
- Problems with urination or bowel movements
Although these signs and symptoms can also be caused by other conditions, it is still important to visit the best gynecologist hospital in Siliguri. Ignoring these symptoms can allow cancer or other condition to grow into an advanced stage which can decrease the chances of successful treatment.
Treatments for this disease can depend on several factors including the stage of cancer, health condition, and more. Its treatments commonly include surgery, radiation and chemotherapy, and more. Its treatments can include:
- Surgery – is commonly used to treat early-stage cancer and depends on the size of cancer. Surgery can include cutting away cancer, removing the services, and hysterectomy.
- Radiation – is often combined with therapy to treat locally advanced cervical cancers and involves directing a high-powered energy bean to kill the cancer cells.
- Chemotherapy - is a type of drug treatment where chemicals are used to kill cancer cells. Since chemotherapy can enhance the effects of radiation, it is sometimes used in combination to treat advanced cancers.
As aforementioned you need to visit the best gynecologist in Siliguri for any symptoms of this disease. It is important to visit a gynecologist annually for check-ups as it can help catch diseases and disorders early making treatments easy.