Pregnancy is an amazing time for any woman but in those nine months, special care needs to be taken to ensure a healthy baby. During pregnancy, a woman needs good care and support to ensure the safety of the baby and herself. When pregnant you need to be extra careful about what you eat, how you sleep, and many other things. It demands a lifestyle change for a while till it's completed so you need a good supporting person with you.
A high-risk pregnancy is any pregnancy that carries increased health risks for the mother, fetus, or both. Anybody with high-risk pregnancies needs to take extra care before, during, and after birth to help reduce the possibility of problems in the pregnancy. If you are going through a high-risk pregnancy or having any problems with your pregnancies then you should consult a feto expert in Siliguri to help you understand your complications.
During a high-risk pregnancy, you or your baby can have an increased risk of health problems during the whole pregnancy. Special monitoring is needed so that you and your baby remain healthy. It can be the result of a medical condition present before or during the pregnancy developed within you or the baby that makes the pregnancy high-risk.
Many factors contribute to making a pregnancy high risk and some of those factors are given below:
- Matured age as pregnancies are mostly risks for mothers older than age 35
- Health problems like high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes, heart or blood disorders
- Pregnancy complications that develop during pregnancy can pose a high risk to both the mother and the baby
- Smoking drinking and using illegal substances can also put a pregnancy at risk
- Multiple Pregnancies are always a high risk as the mother has more than one child in her body
- History of pregnancy-related complications can pose a problem during pregnancy.
You'll find out if you have a high-risk pregnancy during your regular checkups with the doctor but these are the symptoms you need to look out for:
- Vaginal bleeding
- Severe headaches
- Pain in the lower abdomen area
- Pain during urination
- Fever or chills
- Sudden swelling in the face, hands, or fingers
If not treated with expert care a high-risk pregnancy can be very fatal for both the baby and you. If you have a high-risk pregnancy then you need to consult a feto expert in Siliguri to get the best care, consultancy, and treatment for you and your child.