Your pregnancy checklist is important to prepare your body for your pregnancy and your baby. It is a vital stage where you need to take some necessary steps, cut down on some habits, and prepare yourself for your baby. These habits will help you fall in a pattern that will help you through the nine months as a to-be mother.
Regular check-ups and appointments with your medical personnel also are an important part of this routine. The gynaecologist in Siliguri makes sure that they make the rules of pregnancy clear in the early stages with a list of what the mother does to remain fit and healthy should. They try to provide the best care to them from the very beginning
Table of content:
1. Ways to remain healthy
2. Cutting down on habits
3. Consult your Gynaecologist
Ways to remain healthy
This is the time when it is important to get yourself accustomed to some good and healthy ways because whatever you do will benefit the baby as well. Get in shape before it is too late to make pregnancy and delivery a lot easier.
Some health tips you need to start following are:
- Start exercising- Basic exercises to keep your body fit is mandatory so that your body is ready for pregnancy.
- Eat healthily- this is the time you will start craving a lot of junk and food like pickles and ice cream. Make sure to provide your body with the right nutrient like protein, folic acid, veggies, leafy greens, and low-fat products.
- Add folic acid to your diet- this prevents any kind of defect that can occur before pregnancy
- Prepare your pet- if you have a pet you need to train them for a new member in the family so that they do not feel left out or upset when the baby comes.
- Plan a trip- this will be the time when you can spend on a nice beach or picnic before you get busy with looking after yourself or your baby. Give yourself the break.
Cutting down on habits
There are some habits and food that you should strictly avoid during pregnancy. These include:
- Cutting down on caffeine
- Stop drinking
- Stop smoking
These habits can cause serious issues for your baby during pregnancy if not stopped immediately. Switch to juices and milk during this time so that you can prepare yourself.
Consult your gynaecologist
You need to visit your gynaecologist for regular check-ups and appointments. Visit a dentist as well because during this time teeth and gum issues become common. Get your regular checks done.
You can also ask your gynaecologist to test for genetic disorders. A simple saliva or blood test should be enough to figure out if there are chances of your baby having serious genetic issues likes fragile X Syndrome, sickle cell disease or Tay-Sachs disease.
Gynaecologists in Siliguri test their patients for every possibility. They also suggest if the patient needs to gain or lose some weight to have a healthy pregnancy. Consulting a gynaecologist in Siliguri is easy and helpful during this time.